The Black Company

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

an SCA warband: An Tir's wolf pack

4 posters

Welcome potential members

Arabus
    Arabus

Welcome potential members Empty Welcome potential members

Post  Arabus January 18th 2010, 6:17 am

For those who view this website and are confused or have questions, this is the best place to post such questions. You will be answered as directly and efficiently as we can manage. In a brief description of who we are and what we stand for: The Black Company is a mercenary warband. Our main goal is to grow as a cohesive tactical unit. We honor all contracts and agreements made, and serve as the Duchal Retinal Guard of Duchess Angharad.

Current Members stand as Durin: our mentor and armorsmith, Rose: our head lady, Derfail, Arthmael, Magnus, and Arabus: our 4 main fighters.

Should any questions not be answered quickly enough for your likely, or you have any need of it, you may contact Arabus at grenierarabus@gmail.com
    Jheryn

Welcome potential members Empty 'allo!

Post  Jheryn September 8th 2010, 5:50 am

Hello Black Company!!

I saw you guys at Art of War and Autumn War . . . I tried to catch you at the latter, but you must be lighter of foot than I am and disappeared before I could track down your camp.

I just like your crew. I'm a heavy fighter, and just want to get some new matches and challenges n whatnot. Do you have a regular fight practice? I wouldn't mind making the commute sometime before the end of the year.
    Derfail
    Derfail

Welcome potential members Empty Re: Welcome potential members

Post  Derfail September 9th 2010, 6:47 am

you forgot Gilberto!
    Arabus
    Arabus

Post  Arabus September 10th 2010, 7:31 pm

I know I know. Sorry Gilberto, I was copying names out of a section of the annalsand that part had been written before you were a member.

Jheryn I apologize for how quickly we all dissappeared, we will however be at Banner war if you wish to catch us again.
    Jheryn

Post  Jheryn September 12th 2010, 9:42 pm

If I'm not able to make it to Banner, what's next up?
    Arabus
    Arabus

Post  Arabus September 15th 2010, 12:48 am

Most likely: ursalmus. We don't have much of a tourney season within the black company and after banner war theres no wars until march. For us that is.
    Hesan

Welcome potential members Empty Armor Gauge

Post  Hesan January 10th 2011, 4:58 am

I've been looking up armor online for a couple hours now and keep runing into Helms that I like and are in my price range but I remember being told that I needed 16 gauge or lower for good safety. Cause damnit all the persian style helms I've seen are 18 gauge.
    Derfail
    Derfail

Welcome potential members Empty Helm safety

Post  Derfail January 10th 2011, 5:36 pm

Make sure to go on the Sca website and check the minimum requirements on any armor that you are considering on purchasing.

Derfail

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 4:02 pm