The Black Company

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

an SCA warband: An Tir's wolf pack

4 posters

Facebook Page

Lyra
    Lyra

Facebook Page Empty Facebook Page

Post  Lyra July 30th 2011, 12:35 am

A lot of people/places are doing Facebook pages as well as their websites and such these days, and I thought maybe the Black Company could do so as well. So...I created a Facebook page for the Black Company.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Black-Company/153025694775354

The page will in no way nullify this website--the website is really the best place for our discussions, especially discussions meant just for those within the group, which is really what this website was made for.

I was thinking that the Facebook page would be more of the "public face" for the Company--especially since so many people use Facebook and its so easy to find a page on Facebook. It would really be our social networking resource.

Some of my ideas are that we could do things like mini-bio's for the members, a brief history of the group, the long-term goals for the group which prospective members should also hold, how someone becomes an initiate and then how the initiate becomes a member, what events we'll be going to, pictures of events, practices that hopeful members can come to, etc. Maybe even some contact information for people who are wanting to contact us, such as if a person heard about us at an event and wants to see about joining the group or hiring the fighters for a war. We can also post on other pages--such as Ignition or other group or event pages--as "the Black Company" instead of as individuals, which presents ourselves as a unified group.

I can make a couple other members admins on the page, if anyone really wants, since only admins can use Facebook as "The Black Company" and can update information. Whether or not anyone does, I'll make sure to post as the group only for things everyone has already been consulted on, and to let everyone compose their own bio. I'm guessing Arabus will be the one who wants to write up the brief history Wink I was thinking anyone and everyone who knows/likes/is curious about the Company can "like" the page, though, which is why I made a public page instead of a closed group.

Let me know what you all think--ideas, questions, comments.

Smile Thanks!
    Derfail
    Derfail

Facebook Page Empty Re: Facebook Page

Post  Derfail July 30th 2011, 2:41 am

Thanks! good job. Great initiative!!
    Arabus
    Arabus

Post  Arabus July 30th 2011, 5:47 am

Damn i suppose I should get started on thsat history thing so it will be done.
    Lyra
    Lyra

Post  Lyra July 30th 2011, 7:47 am

Its needed for the Midhaven website too, right? That's why I thought you'd probably want to do it. Smile
    Lyra
    Lyra

Post  Lyra July 30th 2011, 6:57 pm

So...could you guys "like" the page and invite friends (especially company members and other SCA people who aren't on my friends list)? It won't grow if I'm the only one who "likes" the page haha. tongue
    Arthmael
    Arthmael

Post  Arthmael August 5th 2011, 11:44 pm

Do you know how to set a vanity plate for a facebook page?

I can't remember how I did it, but somewhere in settings you can choose a url for your page.

(For instance. Just by typing facebook.com/keigancraig you go straight to my page.)

Facebook.com/theblackcompany could be easily shared with people at events and such. =D
    Lyra
    Lyra

Post  Lyra August 6th 2011, 8:39 pm

I have to have a minimum of fans to do that, I think 20 or 25, for a page.
    Arabus
    Arabus

Post  Arabus August 8th 2011, 7:45 am

and how do you do this fan thingy? I have an adamant hatred of most social networking sites and as such have no knowledge of their self worshiping mechanics...
    Lyra
    Lyra

Post  Lyra August 8th 2011, 11:22 pm

People have to like the page haha.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 8th 2024, 5:10 pm